Season Three of the Eternal Tournament Series draws to a close, and it all comes down to the final tournament: the Season Three Invitational. Aside from its own large prize pool ($250) and prestige, this tournament is also the final way for players to boost their Series Points prior to the Midseason Major. There’s a ton on the line this weekend and you won’t want to miss any of the action!
Watching the Tournament
The tournament is streamed live on RNGEternal’s Twitch channel over the course of two days. Day One action starts at 12pm EDT on Saturday, April 1st, and continues until only 8 players remain (after Winner’s Bracket round 3 and Loser’s Bracket round 4). Day Two picks up where Day One left off – except instead of covering rounds, we’re going to be covering every single match! Day Two begins at 12pm EDT on Sunday, April 2nd. If you can’t watch the tournament live, there will be round by round updates on RNGEternal’s Twitter. The whole tournament will be uploaded to Youtube by Tuesday, April 4th.
Some of the best players in Eternal, that’s who. We’ve got a number of players making their third Invitational appearance in a row, as well as some skilled rookies hoping to put a crown on their breakout season. Some of these players are already household names while others are out to make a name for themselves. Regardless we’ve got full profiles for each and every single one.
Player Profiles (in seed order)
- Sir Rhino
The following four players are tied for the final three seeds and will play a tiebreak series on Friday, March 31st to determine who will be playing in the Season 3 Invitational.
Top 8 Predictions
For this invitational, three RNGEternal members wanted to share their predictions for the players they think will make day two and Top 8. As always, these predictions are just for fun – there are 33 good players at the Invitational, but only 8 can make day two. Players are listed in alphabetical order. Without further ado, here are the lists:
aReNGee’s Top 8 Predictions
- AngryChicken – When you get the highest Season Three IP total in just four tournaments, you’ve impressed me. AngryChicken is on an absolute tear and I expect it to continue.
- Francois – Francois is a proven winner and a strong player with great weekly results. I anticipate him making a good deck choice and pushing through to day two.
- komodo – After a mild Season Two, komodo has really come into his own in Season Three. Another proven winner with a strong track record.
- Marius – No wins, but two top fours and solid swiss performances. Another rookie, but I’ve liked his decks and I’ve got a good feeling about him.
- Shedd – With his name once again on the line, Shedd has no choice but to perform. Hopefully his inclusion doesn’t throw him off his game – he’s a very strong player when he’s on the ball.
- Sir Rhino – Self-proclaimed draft specialist, yet he came third at the last Invitational. You can’t fool me this time Rhino – I’m betting on proven results.
- Toth201 – He’s won one and come top 6 at another Invitational. Toth201 may not win many weeklies, but he sure shows up at Invitationals.
- tvkelly – I played against this guy in my first week of Eternal. He’s been around for a long time, and he’s also really good. Experience counts!